3 best WordPress Shared hosting Companies of 2020
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my links, at no cost to you. Please see my disclaimer for more information.
Are you trying to find a good shared hosting company for your new blog or website?
I’ve been in a similar situation and it’s not an easy choice to find the best company for your business.
Today I’ll share with you the three best shared hosting companies I’ve found on the market.
These companies have great customer services, affordable hosting plans, and great uptime.
What is shared hosting and should you get it?
Shared hosting is the practice of hosting multiple websites on a single server.
It’s the easiest most affordable way to buy hosting for your website or blog.
This is good in a sense because you can start a business quickly at a cheap price.
The cost for shared hosting is cheap because your web hosting company is hosting hundreds of sites on a single server.
And your hosting fee is just a small percentage of the total cost of the entire server. As the total cost for the server is divided between hundreds of website owners.
This practice of hosting multiple sites on a single server makes the web companies a lot of money. It also gives you a chance to become your own boss.
It seems like a win, win situation.
Or is it?
Is shared hosting Good for your Business?
Well, it depends on the stage of your business.
If you are just starting a new blog or E-commerce store and have little to no traffic, shared hosting is perfect for you.
Why waste money on expensive hosting at the start-up stage of your business?
However, as your business grows and gets more traffic. You will discover that you need to upgrade from your shared hosting plan to a higher hosting tier.
That’s because your site will start loading much slower when your traffic starts growing. No one likes a slow site. Google will flag you and throw your site to the bottom of the search. You will lose customers and revenues.
Therefore, you have to monitor your blog growth and make plans to change hosting plans when the traffic starts rolling in.
Advantages of using shared hosting.
- It’s cheap and affordable- Shared hosting plans range from $2.44 upwards.
- It’s flexible to start with. And as your business grows you can upgrade your shared hosting plans without any hassle.
- You can host multiple domains on your web hosting plan. You can install multiple websites in your web directory in C-panel.
- It is professionally Managed- you don’t have to fix anything or know any codes to have a website.
- Your web hosting company professionally manages your website.
- It’s easy for you to manage- You don’t have to do any technical maintenance. It comes equipped with a friendly user interface.
- It’s a great start-up for small businesses.
Disadvantages of shared hosting
- The server can become burdened by the traffic on the other sites. This will cause your website to load slowly.
- Other sites on the same server may pose a possible risk to your site.
- When your website traffic increases, your site may perform worse or may go down.
- Web hosting companies may suspend your site for getting too much traffic.
- Shared hosting load time is always slower than dedicated servers’ time.
What is the Benefit of shared hosting?
Affordability. Shared hosting is truly for a new business or a new blogger on a budget with little to no traffic. As your business grows you can upgrade your hosting plan.
What to take into consideration.
What to look for when choosing a shared hosting plan, Not all shared hosting companies are created equally, some are better than others are.
- Uptime- Check the web hosting company uptime. It’s difficult to run a business that can’t stay online. You won’t make any money from your business. The uptime should be at least 99%
- Traffic– Can your web hosting company manage a high volume of traffic without your site going down. Choose a web hosting company that allows your business to grow.
- Speed– Shared hosting plans are infamous for being slow. But there are a few good hosting companies with fast speed you can try.
- Available Resources- Your website can be suspended for getting too much traffic. And the hosting companies usually have the power to do so. Be sure to check the policies of the hosting company before signing up. If your site starts overloading the server with excess traffic, it would cause problems for other sites on the server. Don’t follow the market gimmick of unlimited bandwidth and storage. That’s just false marketing tactics to sell hosting.
3 Best shared hosting Companies of 2020
Siteground is my number one choice for shared hosting. This is what I use for my blog and l love it. It’s a perfect fit for non-technical persons like me. They boast a 99.99% uptime record. And the company is even recommended by WordPress.
So, what’s the catch Siteground has some pretty expensive renewal fees. Get the three-year plan for a deep discount. But come renewal time, you have a steep price tag to pay.
Advantages of using Siteground.
· Excellent performance.- Siteground has a 99.9% Uptime record and it’s extremely fast for shared hosting.
· Comes with Cloudflare CDN. Your website loads much faster with Cloudflare. Your files loads from different servers across the globe instead of just one server. This helps to make the user experience so much better. As files are served quickly from the closest server to the website visitors.
· Free SSL. Google blocks sites without an SSL certificate and labels them as being unsecured. That’s bad news for businesses. Siteground provides and easy to use SSL certificate for the shared hosting plan. And it’s free without any additional cost to you.
· User Friendly. It matters not if you’re a seasonal blogger or a novice, Siteground is there to help you along your business journey. You won’t feel intimidated or overwhelmed by the tools and resources available for your use. Their user interface is so simple to follow.
· Free website migration. You can request free website migration for the GrowBig and GoGeek accounts only.
Cons of Using Siteground
No free domain. Most shared hosting companies will offer you a complimentary domain with your hosting plan. Not Siteground. You have to pay for your domain name with your hosting plan.
· Highly-priced renewal rates. When you purchase Siteground plans be sure to get the three years plan to get the best deal for your money. However, once that 3-year plan expires, your renewal fees are ridiculously expensive. , For example, the price for the grow big plan shoots up from $5.95/month to $19.95/month.
So, overall Siteground is an excellent reliable shared web hosting company.
The best on the market.
But, it comes with a high price tag for the services.
2) BlueHost :$2.95/ Month
Blue host is the most popular shared hosting company. And rightly so, as it is considered to be the best shared hosting plan on the market.
It’s being around for quite some time now. Over 20 plus years in the hosting business.
There is a starting price for a shared hosting plan is dirt cheap at only $2.95/month.
Bluehost has a 99.9% uptime.
Advantages of using Bluehost
- Excellent Customer Service. Customer service is a crucial part of buying a hosting plan. As a consumer, you want to know you can get help quickly should your run into any technical problems.
- · Reliable. Bluehost has a reliable 99.9% uptime. When choosing a hosting for your business you have to take the reliability of the service in mind. To ensure your business runs smoothly as you planned.
- · Get a free domain. Blue host offers a complimentary domain when you sign up for a year or more with their company.
- · Solid Security- Blue host has great security features. Don’t let the cheap shared hosting prices fool you. You will get security features like sitelock and Code guard to help prevent malware attacks on your site.
Cons of using Bluehost.
No free Migration– There’s no free site migration option with Bluehost. If you decide to change hosting you have to pay for website migration. Some hosting companies offer this service Blue host is just not one of them.
Upselling- When you’re signing up to Bluehost, the company tries to sell you all sorts of addons and features with your shared hosting plan. Some of these features are pre-ticked automatically. You have to read carefully and untick those options to prevent you from paying too much for your shared hosting plan.
High Renewal Rates– All shared hosting companies offer a cheap sign up rate to get customers. It’s always best to choose the three-year plan to get a discount on your plan. Once your hosting plan is expired, you will be billed at a much higher rate for renewal. Bluehost does the same thing. Renewal rates are billed at a much higher rate.
Dreamhost is one of the best shared hosting plans on the market. It has a 100% uptime record. And it’s affordable, responsive, and reliable. You get a free domain name when you register and tons of great features.
They are also recognized by WordPress as a hosting partner.
Advantages of Dreamhost
Dreamhost shared hosting plan is cheap. The offer to Shared hosting plans. The shared starter and shared Unlimited. As a beginner blogger, you can start on the shared starter for $2.59 a month.
With the shared start to plan, you’ll get
- 1 website
- Free domain
- Free SSD domain
- Free SSD storage
- Unlimited traffic
- WordPress pre-installed
- Free SSL certificate
- Add email as low as $1.67 a month
- One monthly, yearly, or three years plan. Add an email for $1.67 per email account.
- The shared unlimited plan is $4.95 a month offers unlimited websites.
- 97-day money-back guarantee.
Dreamhost is so confident about the quality of their service they are willing to offer an amazing 97 days money-back guarantee.
They offer excellent customer support. You can contact customer service for help via email and live chat 24/7 support is available to you.
Dreamhost does not charge you one price to sign up for their service then change it. They will not trick you to sign up at a cheaper price then change it.
Cons of Dreamhost
No free migration
Dreamhost will migrate your website from another platform to theirs. But if you want to migrate your website from Dreamhost to another platform, you’ll have to pay $99 for migration.
If you’re used to having control of some aspect of your website via Cpanel you’ll be disappointed that Dreamhost has no Cpanel. Instead, Dreamhost uses a custom-built panel to manage your website, database Email, and billing.
Most tasks performed on Cpanel can also be completed using the Dreamhost panel. Some customers find the Dreamhost panel more intuitive and easier to use than Cpanel.
Shared hosting is an inexpensive way to start your blogging business. They are best suited for beginners and small businesses with little to no traffic.
When choosing a hosting platform is best to consider your long and short term business goals. Choose a company that you are confident you can grow your business with. A reliable company that cares about the success of your business.
If you need, any help in choosing a good shared hosting company feel free to drop me a line and I will be happy to help you.